D&RS 2016 Topical Meeting
- Pittsburgh, PA July 31st through August 4th.
- Conference Website
- D&RS 2016 Call For Papers (Submit Summary) Submittal deadline extended to February 8, 2016.
2015 New DESD Member Recruitment Offer
The DESD Division is conducting a new member promotion for 2015!
Be one of the first 100 members to join the DESD division of ANS in 2015 and you will receive a year’s complimentary subscription to RadWaste Solutions. This magazine addresses radioactive waste management and facility remediation and should be very valuable to you if you work in the area of D&D. It provides headlines of industry news, descriptions of decommissioning progress at numerous projects, decommissioning status of US power reactors, updates on professional moves by leaders in the industry, a calendar focused on events of your interest, an opportunity to vent your thoughts in letters to the editor, and advertisements by major industry suppliers.
So, be one of the first to join, the DESD division this year and receive this valuable magazine. After you find how valuable it is, you will likely want to renew it during subsequent years. Be sure to select DESD as one of your professional divisions to be eligible for this offer.
A group of professionals having fun in the fields of decommissioning and environmental sciences for the nuclear industry.
The mission of the Decommissioning & Environmental Sciences Division (DESD) is to promote the development and use of those skills and technologies associated with the optimal management of decommissioning and environmental sciences and long-term surveillance and maintenance of nuclear and formerly nuclear installations, materials, facilities, and sites for the betterment of society. The target audience for this effort is the member of the Division, the Society, and the public at large.
Why should you join the DESD Division of the American Nuclear Society?
Are you currently working on, looking for projects in, or simply interested in the nuclear decommissioning industry?
Are you a member of the largest nuclear society in the US and specifically the technical division focusing on the decontamination, decommissioning, and reutilization of sites within the nuclear industry?
The American Nuclear Society – Decommissioning & Environmental Sciences (DESD) Division is the organization for you and your colleagues to join! This division has nearly 1000 members who understand what membership in the DESD division brings them. Activities focus solely on the decommissioning technical area. Our members include both domestic and international colleagues working in the nuclear decommissioning areas. We look to exchange the lessons learned and other technical information with numerous projects.
Benefits of ANS & DESD membership include:
- Opportunities to network with leaders in the nuclear community with strong interest in the decommissioning technical area.
- Special offer for new members – join the ANS-DESD now and be entered to possibly win a copy of the new recently published reference “Decommissioning Handbook”.
A semi-annual DESD newsletter providing the status of various decommissioning projects that is available only to DD&R members.
- Special pricing on publications related to the decommissioning industry.
- Inside details on planning for the next major Topical Meeting on Decommissioning being planned by the DESD and Remote Systems Divisions for Pittsburgh, PA in August 2016.
- Recognition awards from peers in the areas of exceptional performance on DESD projects and DESD area lifetime achievement.